Many thanks to Debra Paulson for sending me this “Internet hug” as she so charmingly named it. And I’m thanking her for her patience, as she sent it back in October. I never forgot though. I’ve just been trying to “WriMo-mo-mo” for National Novel Writing month. (Follow the link and take a look at her great blog.)
What is a “leibster” you ask? Well, this is how Debra described to me:
The Leibster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers. You must answer the questions your nominator gives you, and you must nominate other bloggers. So it’s a sort of “share the love” award – a great big internet hug, if you will — to share the love. Well you know that I’m a hugger so here goes!
Here are Debra’s questions for me:
1. Is proper grammar important 2 U? OMG absolutely, LOL. Seriously though yes, but I bend that for novels. I think you have to step outside “proper” (somewhat) to make an enjoyable novel.
2. Is it hard to be honest in your writing? No. Not being honest is harder.
3. Why did you start blogging? (Take note of question 2). This blog is the beginning of what I call my “Grand Experiment” in indie publishing. I’m trying to learn the ropes.
4. Do you wish you could stop blogging? Ummm… no.
5. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes. Bwahahahaha!
6. What do you do when you’re not blogging? I work to pay the bills.
7. What would your once-in-a-lifetime day be? Since I can only do it once, let me get back to you on that. :o)
8. What are you terrible at? And are you really? Taking a compliment. Even if I think I deserve it, I have a devil of a time doing that.
Okay… the rules said “up and coming bloggers.” I don’t know many bloggers at all… And the ones I know have all been blogging longer than I have. So I’m going to bend that rule and nominate a few of my favorites, and not worry about how long they’ve been blogging. And I hope they can take a moment for a few fun questions.
Now, here are my nominees, or hug recipients. Maybe I should call them hugees. Check them out! (Don’t worry “hugees” I know many of you are participating in NaNoWriMo, or are otherwise very busy. I’ll extend the same patience that was given me, and hope you accept this award. 🙂 )
Questions for My Nominees
I’m taking it easy on you with just a few questions.
- If you could go anywhere for as long as you wished, where would you go?
- Have you become what you wanted to be when you grew up?
- If you could say one sentence that the whole world would hear, what would you say?
- What is your definition of success?
Here are the Liebster Blog Award (entirely optional) rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog (that’s me).
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you (that’s my site).
3. Answer the questions posted for you in my blog.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to three blogs with 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
To those of you in the USA — Happy Thanksgiving.