Even though Teagan’s Books has been online for a while, I have little time for the blog or the other endless tasks that consume the hours of an indie author. Still, every few days I learn something new about indie publishing and/or blogging. It might be a sweet little tidbit that helps me with the marketing aspect, or something sour that is still helpful because it tips me off to a potential pitfall. However, passing fun “awards” to one another seems to be part of the blogging game, and it’s certainly part of the fun.
Given the limited reach of my blog (so far!) I’m surprised to get a second award. It’s downright shocking considering how sour I’ve been lately. Coincidentally, I’ve had a relentless sweet tooth! Ha! Maybe that craving attracted this “Super Sweet Blogger Award.”
So my sincere thanks to Mary J. McCoy-Dressel, romance writer extraordinaire, for nominating me — and to Siobhan Daiko for getting the game rolling when she nominated Mary.
Again, being new, can’t really follow the rules to nominate a “baker’s dozen” other bloggers, since I don’t know many. However, I will “nominate” all of you to post a comment about your favorite sweet treat!
Now, for my part in the game. I will not be held responsible for any cravings the answers to these questions might cause. Bear in mind that my answers would be more fun, and many would be different, if I was not allergic to eggs. Oh how I miss pastries…
1. Cookies or Cake? Cookies; sandies when I can find egg-free. I used to love angel food cake.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. I buy 85% dark chocolate bars and eat one little square at a time. That little bit is usually enough to satisfy me, with the intense chocolate content.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Post-egg-allergy it is sorbet – raspberry, peach, or mango, during the summertime anyway. Or the extra-dark chocolate above. Or… do I really have to choose?
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? After a meal, or weekend mornings with my coffee.
5. Sweet Nick Name? For whatever incomprehensible reason some people call me “Sweetheart” or Sweetie.” Only a few can get away with it. LOL. But that’s such a southern thing, it’s really a part of “southern culture,” so I try not to bristle or turn sour.
Have a sweet day.
8 thoughts on “Sweet and Sour”
Many belated congratulations on your award!
1. Cookies or Cake? COOKIES without doubt! I am a very good baker! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip for every day and Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars for special occasions.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. Dark Chocolate. Dark Chocolate with MINT.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? COOKIES and Gelato!
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? Toward the end of the evening when I should not be eating anything else!….sometimes after breakfast or mid afternoon.
5. Sweet Nick Name? I liberally use Sweatheart, Hunny, Sweetie, Darling and especially Sweatpea–but just with my son and husband.
Why thank you so much Provincial Lady! I love cookies too – with my egg allergy, they are one of the few sweet treats I can *sometimes* find. You’re a great cook, sweets or otherwise. If you get ready to put some treats on eBAY again, I’d be happy to post a link on my blog. It’s still small, but you never know!
>________________________________ > From: Teagan’s Books >To: firstname.lastname@example.org >Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:57 AM >Subject: [New comment] Sweet and Sour > > WordPress.com >Provincial Lady commented: “Many belated congratulations on your award! 1. Cookies or Cake? COOKIES without doubt! I am a very good baker! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip for every day and Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars for special occasions. 2. Chocolate or Vanilla? ” >
1. Pecan Sandies were my favorite until I found out my problems were due to wheat intolerance. Anyway, I have the memories. I’ll have to work on a gf recipe. 2. It was always vanilla. Whenever my husband is out of town, I buy Hagend Daz vanilla ice cream. I can’t eat most dairy products, but for some reason can eat theirs and no others. Yes, I cheat on my Steve with Hagen Daz as soon as he drives away.If I eat if any more, I will gain weight. After all, the container s a single serving size even though it says one 1/2 cup is one serving. Who eats one half cup?
3. For me now that I am working on my allergies and intolerances is cherries and blueberries with kefir or organic yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon, sometimes with coconut shavings. Low sugar and no food allergies.4. After dinner is my cravings.
5.My Steve calls me “Sweetie” and only he. My dad calls me “Babe”, my mom calls me “Sugar”/ Geez no wonder I gain weight!!!
LOL — love it. That was too funny!
1. cookies – chocolate chip, of course. 2. I’ve been trying to like the dark chocolate and it’s coming around – but one piece??? Forget that! 3. I like the 3-flavored sherbert. Sorbet seems to have lactose in it so I have to stay away from it. 4. Usually after a meal in the evenings. 5. What? No sweet cakes?
Hi Lorna. LOL, I’ll save “Sweet Cakes” for you, Sugar. Gosh, as a native southerner, I never realized just how many “sweet” nicknames we stick onto people without even thinking.
Check out Haagen Dazs sorbet. I don’t see any dairy on the label of mine.
Thanks for participating, Teagan. It’s fun and beats answering ten questions! I’ve already answered my questions and you know what they are, but…
As you would probably guess, I buy 85% chocolate, too, and love angel food, although it isn’t my fav. I have raspberry sorbet in my freezer as we speak. So, once again, there you go…
Wishing you a happy weekend.
OMG… that’s too funny. And yes, I should have known. There really has to be something to the concept of people with similar birthdays going through similar things, and being similar.